on most gaming platforms or communities I’m known as Nogamara or Armagon.
When I started blogging about games I used to play mostly WoW (with too many alts) on EU-Aggramar (then I moved my main to Chamber of Aspects to continue raiding in Pandaria, then came back in Legion). In spring 2014 I stopped playing WoW as my main MMO, then came back for WoD and Legion for a while. Since later in Battle for Azeroth I’m playing actively again.
The first games I played were Sim City and King’s Quest in the mid-90s. I am not a console gamer, but I’ve had a SNES, got a GBA in late 2002 and an XBox 360 in late 2010 but it’s hardly used except for Rock Band and streaming. I liked Skylanders and some LEGO games though.
I’m being told I rant a lot. That is mostly true.
I never said this blog was only about MMOs, but my non-MMO gaming exploits these days can be summarized as “laughably small”. I think most people sunk more time into GTA V than I spend playing non-MMOs in a typical year. Make that 30-40h?
I’m only updating this page every few months or years, so it will absolutely only be a rough snapshot 🙂
Guild Wars 2 characters
Started in Spring 2015 on Ruins of Surmia (EU) with a Norn Warrior
- Norn Warrior, Male, Level 80
- Human Thief, Female, Level 80
- Norn Guardian/Dragonhunter, Female, Level 80
- Sylvari Ranger/Soulbeast, Male, Level 80
- Human Mesmer, Female, Level 80
- Asura Necromancer, Female, Level 70
- Charr Engineer, Female, Level 3x
- Charr Revenant, Male
EU-Jabbit (Ex-Lightspire) (PvE), mostly Exiles, never got around to raiding.
- Aurin Spellslinger, Soldier, Male, Level 50
- Mordesh Stalker, Explorer, Female, Level 50
- Human Exile Medic, Scientist, Female, Level 4x
- Granok Warrior, Settler, Male, Level 2x
- Mordesh Engineer, Soldier, Male, Level 1x
- Chua Esper, Scientist, Level ~15 (Dominion, obviously)
- Mechari Engineer, Level 50 (can’t remember, maybe boosted?)
- Mirialan Jedi Sage, Male, Level 75
- Cyborg Powertech, Female, Level 75
- Chiss Sith Juggernaut, Male, Level 75
- Twi’lek Scoundrel, Female, Level 75
- Zabrak Commando, Female, Level 75
- Human Operative, Male, Level 75
- Twi’lek Mercenary, Male, Level 75
- Miraluka Jedi Sentinel, Female, Level 75
- Mirialan Jedi Shadow, Female, Level 75
- Sith Pureblood Sith Assassin, Female, Level 75
- Human Sith Marauder, Female, Level 75
- Cathar Jedi Guardian, Male, Level 68
When 70 was the max level (Dec 2016 – October 2019) I had 10 characters at max level, 5 of them at CL 300 (Sage, Powertech, Juggernaut, Scoundrel, Commando).
At launch and in the “Rise of the Hutt Cartel” expansion my only character at 50/55 was my Sage and the only alt with a meaningful level of 20+ was my Powertech until I came back to the game in October 2017. I’ve raided (for progression) briefly at launch, and saw a few operations in 2018-2019 with my new guild, but those were more like a training academy for noobs, so I don’t count them.
EVE Online Characters
Well, somehow this doesn’t make a whole lot of sense in a game without levels or classes, does it?
I have an older (mid-2013)
HighSec character who originally specialized in Mining and Gallente ships (<3 Drones), but is now (summer 2020) also in NullSec and my main again. He’s on the way to fly all subcaps.
I also have a younger NullSec character that has been in Brave Newbies on and off since late 2014, now (summer 2020) on a second account and specializing in Frigates/Destroyers/Interdictors.
I’m not past 75m SP combined, so still pretty much a noob. Also no capitals planned, at least not seriously.
I’ve always had a goal of having every class at max level. Until Cataclysm I had failed. Mains in bold:
- Vanilla: 60 Orc Rogue and 53 Tauren Druid, nothing else over 30
- TBC: My 70s were Orc Rogue, Tauren Druid, Troll Warrior, Blood Elf Warlock, Orc Shaman, Human Rogue.
- WotLK: My 80s were Orc Rogue, Troll Warrior, Tauren Druid, Orc Shaman, Blood Elf Priest, Undead Mage, Blood Elf Paladin, Orc Hunter and another Human Rogue (hey, it’s Alliance!). Those who never made it to 80 on time were a 73 Undead DK and a 78 Blood Elf Warlock.
- Cata: All done! (With a second Rogue and Warrior at 85, second Hunter at 80, third Warrior at 60, third Rogue at 41)
- MoP: All classes at 90 besides Pandaren Monk (85). Backup characters: Rogues (90 Human, 90 Gnome, 41 Night Elf), Warriors (90 Night Elf, 85 Goblin), Hunter (80 Troll), Shaman (80 Dwarf)
- WoD: Level 100: Rogue, Warrior, Shaman, Priest. Rest unchanged from MoP.
- Legion: Level 110: Shaman, Rogue, Warrior, Hunter, Warlock, Demon Hunter, Paladin (and 7 more at 100+, again everything except Monk)
- BfA: Now this escalated a little and due to Heirlooms, time, and having fun the goal was changed to “1 per class per faction at 120”
- Rogue: Orc, Human, Gnome, Mag’har
- Shaman: Orc, Dwarf
- Warrior: Troll, Night Elf, Goblin
- Paladin: Dwarf, Blood Elf
- Druid: Worgen, Tauren
- Demon Hunter: Night Elf, Blood Elf
- Warlock: Blood Elf, Mechagnome (at 50 post-squish)
- Mage: Undead, Kul Tiran Human
- Death Knight: Undead, Draenei
- Monk: Pandaren, Dark Iron Dwarf
- Priest: Blood Elf, Worgen (at 50 post-squish)
- Hunter: Orc, Dwarf
- Shadowlands: Leveling got a lot quicker, but why break traditions?
- Warrior: Night Elf
- Shaman: Dwarf
- Paladin: Dwarf
- Rogue: Human
- Hunter: Dwarf
- Demon Hunter: Night Elf
- Warlock: Mechagnome
As you can see, I like playing Orcs. As you can’t see, I don’t like playing Blood Elves, but they just… happened. I started the (Female) Warlock in the first or second week of TBC. Hey, new race! Then I started the Priest (Male this time) together with my girlfriend’s Female Blood Elf Priest. And I don’t like Trolls in dresses. Finally, there was no other choice for my Paladin. Been thinking about race changing the Paladin to Tauren and Priest to… anything, really – but I’m too cheap to buckle up the money.
At early level 60 I only ever did PvP (up to rank 11) and only then went to Raiding.
- Vanilla: ZG, AQ20, started with MC, then TBC hit.
- TBC: Karazhan, Gruul, Magtheridon, TK, SSC, MH, BT – no SWP sadly.
- WotLK: Naxx25, Naxx10, Ulduar10 (no Algalon), Ulduar25 (first 4), ToC10+ToC25 (all on normal), Heroic ICC 10 (cleared)
- Cata: Cleared Hc Blackwing Descent, 1/5 Hc BoT, Hc TFW, nearly killed Ragnaros in Hc FL, then went 4/8 Hc DS.
- MoP: MSV, HoF and TES cleared on normal, then in the new guild 2/12 Hc ToT and 9/14 Mythic SoO.
- WoD: No raiding
- Legion: No raiding
- BFA: No raiding
- Shadowlands: Castle Nathria 3/10 Heroic
Final Fantasy XIV characters:
I was pretty happy to see that I can be all the classes on one character. I play a Female Miqo’te on Omega on the European Data Center (Chaos). My original focus was Bard, Warrior, and White Mage (all 65+) but I also played a bit of Paladin and Dark Knight (both 50). I have not reached Shadowbringers content yet.
Other MMOs I played:
- Ragnarok Online, a few years on euRO Chaos with an 8x Rogue <3, 96 Bard (with no build, levelled solo on Geos), 8x Falcon Hunter (totally skilled in a wrong way), and a lot of max. 7x chars: Battle Priest, Holy Priest, Assassin, Baby AGI Knight, Battle Blacksmith, Alchemist. Came back for a month on fRO and iRO Restart each.
- LotRO, a few lowbie chars on DE-Morthond
- Runes of Magic, but I hated it (Avalan, 55 Druid/52 Scout on Draiochta)
- Anarchy Online, but I don’t remember much
- Marvel Heroes, started around Christmas 2014 and played on and off until it shut down
- TESO (as of summer 2017, barely started levelling a Khajiit Nightblade)
Other MMOs that sounded interesting but haven’t tried (yet):
FF XIV (very much)started playing in 2019!
- The Secret World
- Crowfall (will it ever ship?)