Oh, quite some time has passed since I last wrote about Marvel Heroes. I did log in for the rewards most days before firing up some other game but wasn’t really motivated. That has changed a bit since “THE BIGGEST UPDATE EVER” has launched.
So far I’m a bit underwhelmed by the changes. Most annoying is not only coming back after half a year, but also having to respec and reread about (now) 45 characters. I also don’t see a big benefit of the Infinity System – before you had Cookie Cutter builds and now you have them.
I do like that you can just take your skills and use them. I find it a bit weird that you can level 1-60 in like 1h (or was that my XP boosts?) or 3h with only Chapter 1-3 of story mode. Midtown Monday is still nice to level or prestige, ICP only heroic means I’m out while levelling, it worked ok at 60.
That all means I’m not against most changes I guess, but I’m also not thrilled. I’m happy I still like the game (~20h since I started playing again like a week ago, that’s not bad) but it’s definitely a -different game- now. Let’s see when marvelheroes.info will have all the builds for all the heroes I care for and if I can still manage some Cosmic Trials. (I hate figuring out builds on my own these days. I guess I last did this in WoW’s TBC expansion…)
Summary of changes in the roster:
- Doom to 60 and prestiged to Green
- Ultron to 60
- Luke Cage to 60
- Black Cat to 60
- Venom to 60
- Angela to 60
- Iron Man prestiged to Blue (2x)
- 2 new Team-Ups to 60 (Captain America, Ms Marvel) or halfway there (Winter Soldier, Spider-Man) and one at 1 (Miles Morales)
- 4884 Achievement Points
Tentative to do list for the next weeks:
- clean out all those Artifacts
- I have 982 Eternity Splinters, that could be 2 new heroes…
- Cosmic Midtown
- do a few Danger Room runs
- wrap up a few achievements, like 50 Taskmaster kills on Taskmaster
- try to figure out a few “mains”
- do some of my “would be nice” prestiges, or at least advance towards:
- Iron Man to Red
- Spider-Man to Blue
- Gambit to Purple
- Rogue to Green
- Green Goblin to Green
- Cyclops to Blue
PS: I still love their business model of giving you so much nice loot that digital hoarders like me have to buy bank space for money.