I’m testing the Windows version.
Help -> About WordPress.com: Version 1.2.3 release
- Contra: The installer doesn’t ask me where it should install to
- Contra: 153 MB is a bit much for this, really.
- Meh: I think it’s a bad idea to call your client “website.tld”
- Pro: Login is easy and smooth
- Pro: The admin view looks better than the website
- Bug: When the About window is open, I can type, but the cursor is gone
- Pro: Autosaving works
- Contra: It shows me 2 drafts with “Untitled” – that’s a bit vague
- Pro: Getting to the drafts is one click less I think
- Pro: The “posts” view is kind of nice and shows an image plus text
- Pro: The Categories & Tags seem to be easily accessible
- Bug: Lost my cursor again, this time I just opened and closed the preferences, switching to “HTML” and back to “Visual” fixes it
- Contra: When resizing the whole window, this input field stays in a fixed width column, like a web page. (This editor seems to be based on either node-webkit or Electron, so probably it is just a web page. Maybe even the new editor that I didn’t like last I tried it.)
- Pro: The “Preview” view is a lot better than on the website and displays fine, but the embedding seems a bit buggy. (Window too high, scrollbars weird, but the content is fine)
Summary: Looks good so far. Now I’m gonna hit “Publish” and hope for the best.