Continuing from my last post where I wrote down what I played and what I read into, there’s more – the stuff I might play at some point in the future!
Sadly there are a lot of systems I never really got in contact with, and I would have loved to play them or just read more about them.
In no particular order:
- In Nomine Satanis
- Legend of the Five Rings
- 7th Sea
- Classic D&D (early versions incl. AD&D versus current ones)
- Earthdawn (read about it, never touched a source book)
- Cyberpunk 2020 – probably too close to Shadowrun, that’s why I never bothered
- Warhammer Fantasy
If I didn’t have a huge backlog of books I might just scour ebay for the Earthdawn core book and maybe just buy some Pathfinder & Numenera books, those are the ones highest on my interest list for the last few years.
But there’s also stuff that’s well-known that never really sounded very interesting to me
- MERP (MERS in German) back when it was new
- Call of Cthulhu
- HârnMaster – I read a scathing review many years ago that said you’d have to take like 5 skill dice rolls already just for getting out of bed and brushing your teeth 😀
So yeah, I’m basically interested in Pen & Paper game systems and I read many more source books than I used actively playing.
PS: Blaugust has started and this is my twenty-fifth post if scheduling still works.