Probably quite a few days after most people that are actively playing, but I don’t care. I know I was slacking, but I can finally fly in BfA, 3-4 weeks after it went live – not too bad, considering the fact I only got the Draenor one while in Legion and not getting the Legion one at all (yet).
After reaching this goal I can dedicate a bit more time to FFXIV – and get to leveling my BfA toons which I had put on hold until this was done. There’s still a Mage, a Monk, a DK, a Hunter, and a Priest to get to max level.
Finally I started the 3rd Allied Race toon, my Highmountain Tauren Warrior. Full rested XP was a near perfect match for tanking 2 dungeons, getting from 20 to 24 in the process. Maybe not the fastest way to level only while fully rested, but I have time – and too many characters. The Rogue is 53 (and was recently killed for the first time because of War Mode, in Felwood) and the Mage is 46.
No huge progress in WoW but I’ve been chipping away at the two 8.2 factions to unlock flying. Paladin is at 8.1k/12k in Nazjatar and Rogue is at 8.2k/12k in Mechagon.
Also did a Heroic Warfront with my guild before they were raiding yesterday. Was fun to play with them (instead of only talking) for a change and I also got a nice 430 Helm, but overall… it was like an easy and annoying raid boss. Not a fan.
- Worgen Druid now had 75 Mining/117 Herbalism thanks to flying some circles near Stormwind (prep for Darkmoon Faire quests next month) – also why are there so many more Herbalism nodes?
- Dwarf Shaman finished WoD and is 100 now
- Finished the Gnomeregan rep grind on the Gnome Rogue and the Ironforge rep grind on the Dwarf Paladin (Shadow Labyrinth + Hellfire Peninsula dungeons ftw) – now just 20 levels to go for the Rogue…
- Unlocked my 2nd Heritage Armor: Ironforge
Another week gone by and I haven’t found my way into FFXIV again, which is a shame. Also wasn’t at home many evenings, but enough for some WoW progress
- Darkmoon Faire profession quests on 19 characters (hmm, a bit much maybe?)
- Tauren Druid to 110
- Undead Mage to 110
- Dwarf Hunter to 100
- Mag’har Rogue to 49
- Draenei DK to 70
- Gnome Rogue to 100
- Quite a bit of Gnomeregan reputation grinding on that Rogue
- Created a Zandalari Troll Paladin and Dark Iron Dwarf Monk
- Draenor Cooking 1-100 on Monk and DK
- Fishing 1-75 on Monk
So I now finally have every class at 110 (Mage was missing, DK and Monk only dinged recently) and 5 of 12 classes missing to 120 (Mage, DK, Monk, Hunter, Priest). Also 2 Horde classes missing at 110 (Paladin is 101, Demon Hunter doesn’t exist) and 6 Alliance classes missing to 120 (Shaman/Hunter: 95-100, DK/Priest: 70/73, Mage: 4x, Monk: 20).
At first I was pretty excited about WoW’s 8.2 Patch. Two new zones, stuff to do, and so on. Now I’m not so excited anymore, and I’m not sure why.
Well ok, I’ve never been a fan of dailies, I much preferred WQs. Nazjatar has dailies, the mobs hit hard, I don’t like the zone layout. Also somehow the reputation grind for the BfA launch factions was kind of… ok? A whole new expansion! New questlines. Level how you want. OK, so maybe I’m just too focused on levels these days and can’t enjoy a good reputation grind for the sake of it. There’s even some gear! Hm, my two main toons were iLvl 395 and 394 when the patch came out, so maybe I’m not interested in gear either. The quest lines so far have been ok and to be fair Mechagon was a lot more fun than Nazjatar – maybe I simply don’t like underwater and Nagas and vertical zone layouts?
Anyway, here’s a list of stuff I did today instead of trying to get as much Nazjatar rep on my Alliance Paladin and Mechagon rep on my Horde Rogue (but at least I progressed a little with the story and the dailies on both, just not both zones on both characters):
- Emperor Shaohao rep to Exalted (was only an hour or so)
- Fishing 0 to 75 for the Darkmoon Faire quest: 4x (110 Undead DK, 101 BE Paladin, 120 Worgen Druid, 97 Dwarf Hunter)
- Cooking to 75 for the same reason: 2x (97 Dwarf Hunter and 73 Worgen Priest)
- Dwarf Shaman from 93 to 95
- Tauren Druid from 103 to 105
- Created a Nightborne Priest to start collecting Rested XP
That sounded really negative, but I think it boils down 90% to the zone design of Nazjatar, Mechagon looks cool. Also maybe I’m just not in the mood to do dailies right now. I am working on getting the Heritage armor on my Gnome Rogue (98 now, 3rd Rogue to 120, typical me) and Tauren Druid (I had forgotten how fun Feral DPS can be, also saved the group from a wipe with a well-timed Battle Rez in Eye of Azshara today). Otherwise I’m rotating through toons every few days to take advantage of Rested XP as good as possible. The Monk still has the +10%XP DMF buff, so maybe I should use that up before DMF comes again, and then I might also quickly grind out the 75 Fishing skill, as that’s the only total blank in regards to profession on all my Horde toons that were started before BfA. There are a few Alliance toons with zero professions, but I can live with that – since Legion (or MoP really, and WoD retroactively) I’ve not managed to max out stuff anyway. So maybe a little TODO list of short- to midterm goals is in order, so I don’t run off into the weeds again and may have time to dive into FFXIV again:
- Unlock Flying in BfA, so grinding out Nazjatar and Mechagon rep
- One of every class to 120. Missing: Hunter (111/97), Priest (111/73), Monk (110), DK (110/68), Mage (104/44)
- Heritage Armor for Tauren, Dwarf, and Gnome
- Heritage Armor for Kul Tirans and Mag’har
There wasn’t exactly much exciting stuff happening last week, also was out of town for 3 days. Some toons gained a few levels though:
- Human Rogue to 120
- Blood Elf Warlock to 120
- Pandaren Monk to 107
- Undead Death Knight to 105
- Dwarf Hunter to 89
- Mag’har Orc Rogue to 43
- Kul Tiran Mage to 36
Well ok, maybe 2 new 120s are a little exciting. I’m not exactly pushing to gear them, just grabbing the easy upgrades from WQ, running a Warfront once, and so on.
Right now I’m not dead set on playing a certain character, or even a certain game. FFXIV is a lot of fun, sure – but I’m right at the end of leveling in Heavensward (Bard is 59 now) and I have the feeling that you need to grind out long stretches every time you need a level to continue the MSQ. It was a little painful to reach 59 already, and now I need a dungeon run in some library and then… a quest gives ~40-50k XP and I need like 4m to 60. That’s about 80-100 quests. Dungeon runs are a little better XP per time, but for that I need rested XP.
Switch to WoW, I’m not participating in any endgame stuff or even trying to gear up my toons any further (iLvl 394 on Alliance and 390 on Horde is plenty, without really trying), but somehow leveling is really fun right now. I also have quite a few toons with rested XP, so here’s what I managed to do in the last week or so:
- Kul Tiran Mage to 30
- Mag’har Orc Rogue to 37
- Dwarf Hunter to 85
- Human Rogue to 115
- Draenei DK tp 64
- Blood Elf Priest to 110
When I wrote about Heritage armor a month ago I assumed something which I now think is wrong (see last paragraph). So let’s assume the requirements are “Level 120 and Exalted with your faction”.
- Orc (not ingame) – Exalted: 120 Rogue, 120 Shaman, 111 Hunter
- Troll (not ingame) – Exalted : 120 Warrior
- Tauren – Exalted: 102 Druid
- Undead (not ingame) – Revered: 102 Mage (-18600), Honored: 102 DK (-30100)
- Blood Elf – Exalted: 111 Warlock, Revered: 110 Priest (-9300), 102 Paladin (-17000)
- Goblin (not ingame) – Revered: 86 Warrior (-73, really)
- Pandaren (not ingame) – ???
- Human (not ingame) – Exalted: 114 Rogue
- Night Elf (not ingame) – Exalted: 120 Warrior, Friendly: 120 DH (-38000)
- Dwarf* – Revered: 120 Paladin (-10300), 82 Hunter (-20000)
- Gnome (8.1.5, soon) – Honored: 90 Rogue (-26000)
- Draenei (not ingame) – Friendly: 61 DK (-36500)
*: The 120 Dwarf Paladin started at Honored today, but I invested like 3h and brought her to 10700 Revered, doing all of Dun Morogh, Loch Modan, and 90% of Wetlands for a total of nearly 25k. Also one run of Gnomeregan for the quest rep, and all this with the +10% Darkmoon Faire reputation buff. The first 18k went smoothly at ~8-9k per hour, Wetlands wasn’t so fast, that was only 6-7k in one hour. Still not complaining. Not sure if Arathi makes any sense now or if I should spam dungeons with my Ironforge Tabard, but I really want to get this armor as I’m really annoyed that I don’t get any for my 3 most played Horde characters, which by chance happen to be Orc, Orc, and Troll.
I will probably level one of the 110 Blood Elves soonish, probably the Warlock anyway, so this should be no problem. The Human Rogue will again be 120 without armor available. For the Tauren Druid I’m sadly in no hurry, and the Gnome is lacking 30 levels and a ton of rep and is also not on my main server, won’t happen soon 🙁
Been a while since I posted an update on leveling progress (main server).
- Orc Rogue, iLvl 389
- Orc Shaman, iLvl 311
- Troll Warrior, iLvl 311
- Dwarf Paladin, iLvl 393
- Worgen Druid, iLvl 352
- Night Elf Warrior, iLvl 361
- Night Elf Demon Hunter, iLvl 332
- Orc Hunter, 111
- Blood Elf Warlock, 111
- Human Rogue, 112
- Blood Elf Priest, 104
- Tauren Druid, 102
- Undead Mage, 102
- Blood Elf Paladin, 101
- Undead Death Knight, 101
- Pandaren Monk, 92
- Dwarf Shaman, 91
- Dwarf Hunter, 80
- Worgen Priest, 73
- Draenei Death Knight, 61
- Mag’har Orc Rogue, 29
Just finished: NE Warrior and DH to 120
Focusing currently on the 29 Orc Rogue in small 30-60min doses, started the BE Priest (Shadow is not very fun right now) and the Human Rogue.
Recent progression: Dwarf Hunter 60-80, Dwarf Shaman 80-91, created the Draenei DK.
Plans in the near future: BE Warlock
Thought about how I stand in regard to attaining the Heritage Armor for all races, once it comes out. So I made a list, I seem to love lists for MMOs.
- Orcs: done, 2 at 120
- Trolls: done, 1 at 120
- Tauren: nearly done, 1 at 103
- Undead: ohoh. 1 DK at 102 and a 102 Mage that was boosted to 60 by Refer a Friend, iirc. It’s been a while.
- Blood Elves: done, 1 at 111, 2 at 102, don’t remember boosting
- Goblin: ok-ish, 1 at 86
- Pandaren: ok-ish, 1 at 92
- Humans: done, 1 at 112
- Night Elves: done, 1 at 120, don’t remember boosting
- Dwarves: ok-ish, 1 at 91, 1 at 80, don’t remember boosting
- Gnomes: ok-ish, 1 at 90, don’t remember boosting
- Draenei: nope, 1 at 20, 1 DK
- Worgen: unclear, 1 at 73, don’t remember boosting and one 120 (boosted to 110)
- Allied Races
- Mag’har Orcs: 1 at 28
- Highmountain: 1 at 20
- Nightborne: unlocked, no char
- Zandalari: unlocked, no char
- Dark Iron Dwarves: unlocked, no char
- Kul Tiran Humans: 1 at 22
- Lightforged Draenei: not unlocked
- Void Elves: not unlocked
So if we tally this up:
- 5 races done
- 1 race done in a few hours
- 5 races in the 7x-9x bracket (few more hours)
- 7 races (potentially) at 20-28
- 2 races not started
- 2 races not unlocked
I’d say this kind of sucks for someone who was already kind of spreading races around, has 15 chars at 110+ (and 3 more at 90+) and played the game for 10 years. All just because they introduced rewards for something arbitrary 13-14 years after launch. I know it’s silly but I feel reminded of when they introduced achievements and we got credited for all sorts of stuff, unless you were doing a lot of PvP and all the Battleground data wasn’t there. Sure, rank 11 with 0 WSGs won…
Just checked all my blog posts and some chars. Apparently I did have a Level 90 boost at some point in Legion and I don’t remember using it. But I only have a Level 100 boost on my account. Either that one got upgraded or I must have used it, but on who? I can mostly rule out my Horde toons on my main server. Right now the info points to “Level 90 boost got upgraded” as I blogged about boosting my Dwarf Pally to 100, not 90, and the reputations also point to that.
Addendum: If going off this MMO-Champion post which reads “Players with maximum-level (120) blood elves or dwarves who are Exalted with their faction” then I might not be so much out of luck, because then Undead und Worgen would just be the reputation (in addition to Legion+BfA leveling), for Draenei the DK would be eligible (if it ever reaches 120). But some of the “done” and “nearly done” above need to be changed. Guess I’ll have to wait for some confirmation and then change the above.